NEW BLOG SITE

ALOHA!

I MOVED TO COZY CHIC MOMMY...COME JOIN MY PARTY!


Monday, June 29, 2015

STARS, STRIPES, & RED FOR FREEDOM











Romper J Crew Factory | Bag Kate Spade Outlet | Shoes J Crew Factory

**Follow me on Instagram**

     Living in New York has been so different for me. I have had to adjust the way that I live and it hasn't been easy. I feel like I stay inside most days because of the rain. I didn't realize how wonderful tropical weather is until we got here; I always appreciated the warmer weather, but not the way that I do now. It can be so gloomy here and has random days where the temperature is cooler with no warning. One day I am in shorts and a tank top, and the next day I am sitting in the house snuggled up on the couch with my throw blanket; hello Doc McStuffins and Barney! Goodbye park and splash pads.

     Before New York, we were living in Hawaii and prior to that, I was living in Florida where the sun shines for days. I guess you could say I am crazy for leaving paradise, but thats life isn't it? You go where the Army needs you and you try new things to gain a better understanding of the world. I can't complain, because I am very fortunate to be able to see the world, but it doesn't make it any easier to pick up your life and leave your friends and family behind. 

     However, on beautiful sunny days, New York does have a lot to offer. We were able to enjoy a fun walk near the river and some bbq at a restaurant close by. The river atmosphere seems to be my favorite location thus far and exploring all shops and eateries near the water has been my summer life on the weekends. Thank you Lord for the Summer season. I admire the greenery and foliage that it has to offer. The air smells fresh and flowery and my skin feels warm and lovely. 



No comments:

Post a Comment