**Follow me on Instagram @cozychicmommy**
Monday, February 29, 2016
Sunday, February 28, 2016
Cardigan LOFT | Denim LOFT | Blouse LOFT | Shoes JCREW
This morning I woke up with really solidly understanding why baptism is seriously NOT the very thing that saves and why faith that Jesus died for our sins is. If faith is circumcision of the heart then we must see that the heart is the very thing that the spirit lives in. It says it. How many times does it say that? Lots. So if that is to be true, that is the part that matters; our soul. Then for us to be baptized is just to show that our bodies are following along. This very body isn't the item that is going to heaven.2 Corinthians 5- we are to be given bodies by God that are not made by man. So it really is all to do with my soul. My soul is what needed to be changed and reviewed by the lord. That is what needed to be cleaned inside so that my sins could be washed away for the spirit to come and live inside of me to help me battle myself and everything of this world. The body is simply a mask for my heart. Something for my heart to live in. I have to get baptized to show everyone I am a Christian. It's a way of NOT denying Him. It shows that I am proclaiming He is lord. 1 Peter 3:21 the pledge of a clear conscious to God. I am making an appeal of my heart to Him and letting Him know I accepted Him and I love Him. Thank you Lord for giving me answers.
Monday, February 22, 2016
Head over to VitaPearl to read about 'My Five Favorite Skin Care Tips for Pregnant Women' by clicking here for a direct link to the article that I wrote.
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
I feel like this outfit sums up my style perfectly. This outfit is cozy, its chic, and its timeless; denim, button-ups, sweaters, and uggs on my feet are all the things that I love. I definitely look for clothes that I can move around in, so I can chase after my kids, yet I still want to look 'cute' and have people stop and think "Oh I like that outfit. Where did she get it from?"
I typically don't over-dress, but I want to still make a fashion statement every time I step out the door.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Sunday, February 7, 2016
Mini Valentine's Cheesecake
- Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie dough (12 pieces)
- 1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 egg room temperature
- 3 tbsp. sour cream room temperature
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 drops of red dye food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray cupcake tray with baking spray.
- Place one square of dough in each cupcake-well and pat down.
- Bake dough crust in oven for 5 minutes.
- Tap on counter to get the dough to flatten.
- Beat cream cheese, salt, and vanilla in a stand mixer bowl for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Mixing speed on low, gradually adding sugar and flour.
- Turn up to high for 1 minute.
- Mixing speed on low, add egg. Mix until INCORPORATED.
- Add sour cream and heavy whipping cream on high for 1 minute.
- Divide filling evenly in 12 cupcake wells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool in the cupcake tray for 30 minutes.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour to stiffen.
- Mix heavy whipping cream, sugar, red dye, and vanilla until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Pipe whipped cream on top when ready to serve.
Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 stick of butter (8 tbsp.) melted
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
Cream cheese mix
- 1 (8oz.) package of cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x9 pan.
- In bowl, combine cake mix, butter, oil, and eggs. Save 1/3 cup of batter cake mix and set aside (will be used for the design). Batter will be thick.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, then add sugar until combined.
- Beat in egg until well blended, then add vanilla and mix on high for another minute.
- Pour cream cheese topping evenly on top of brownie batter.
- Take 1/3 cup of brownie batter and add 2 tbsp. of water in a bowl.
- Dollop thinned out batter on top of the cream cheese layer in rows.
- Use a toothpick to run through the dollops to create a design.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes depending on oven and dish. Make sure the brownies are finished by placing a toothpick in the middle and testing to see if the toothpick comes out clean.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
This is a direct link to my article I wrote for VitaPearl on how I told Ben that I wanted to start having children.
You can click here to access the article on the VitaPearl website.
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
This is a direct link on my article "HOW TO SHOWER WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS" that I wrote for VitaPearl.
Happy reading! I hope this helps to give you a piece of mind on how YOU can stay your best while having kids. It can be so hard to break away and find a minute for yourself, but what I explain in the article works for me.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Where To Buy? Click here
I can't tell you many times I have bought the same gluten free bar as my mid-day snack or morning run breakfast. I was getting so tired of eating the same bar and now I don't have to anymore because the Nothin' But bar just came in to my life! My daughter and I are obsessed with these bars and here is why...
Nothin' But bars are:
- Packed with nuts, oats, and berries
- Oven baked
- GMO free
- No eggs, butter, wheat, or gluten
- No fillers
If the list above isn't enough, they are made in a kitchen and not a lab and are 100% NATURAL. I will be sporting these bars wherever I go to feed my family's hunger needs. The best part about these bars is they are on Amazon Prime. That's right, you can have them shipped straight to your door. I included the link, so just click on 'Amazon Prime' or here to purchase them.