Don't take another step in to the jewelry store to get your rings cleaned and stop buying jewelry cleaner, because Windex is the answer! I was first introduced to this concept of cleaning my jewelry with Windex about a year and a half ago after seeing my friend's rings sparkle and shine with such clarity. I would find myself staring at them every time we hung out, because I was so curious as to how they looked brand new on a daily basis! I felt like I was starting to covet her rings like Gollum from The Lord of The Rings series. I needed to know how and why her rings looked so perfect and that is when she told me she uses windex as her ring cleaner. The Windex actually pulls dirt, lotion, and other build up on your rings out from the hard to reach places- you will see the grime floating in the Windex after letting your rings sit over night. It amazes me!
*I have never used this cleaner on costume jewelry and would assume that the cleaner would ruin it, so only use it on gold, white gold, and platinum rings (test it on a piece that is not as valuable to see if it cleans to your liking).
Here is what you need:
- Small glass jar with a seal; preferably a baby food glass jar (otherwise the windex evaporates).
- Place rings in a glass jar that is about 1/8th full of Windex. You need just enough Windex to soak your rings inside.
- Let rings soak over night for best results.
- Take rings out of the Windex and brush them with a toothbrush to remove any extra grime.
- Rinse rings under water and voila they are clean!