NEW BLOG SITE

ALOHA!

I MOVED TO COZY CHIC MOMMY...COME JOIN MY PARTY!


Thursday, February 26, 2015

KOOL AID PLAYDOUGH






*Follow me on Instagram*

     Homemade play dough will keep your child occupied for more than 15 minutes and will give you plenty of time to do some dishes and laundry while they play in their high chair. Our little munchkin is 17 months old and can be hard to keep occupied; she likes to explore objects in her environment and bring me along with her. This can prove to be very difficult when I have household chores to accomplish and that is when I decided that I needed something else to keep her attention so I could get some stuff done around the house. 
     
     This specific play dough is safe if congested by your child and should not cause serious harm to your child's body. Be sure to watch over your child and do not leave them unattended; the playdough has an appealing smell and may be tempting for your child eat. I caught a glimpse of our daughter taking a bite and had to explain to her that it is not something we should be putting in our mouths. After seeing her take a second bite, I took it away from her. I introduced the play dough to her again later in the evening while I was making dinner and she did very well playing with it; she did not try to eat it again!

Ingredients:

     1/2 cup of water
     2 cups of flour
     3 tablespoons of cooking oil (canola or vegetable)
     3/4 cup of salt
     1 Kool-Aid packet of your choice (2 if you desire a stronger color and smell)

Directions:

     Pour the water in to a large mixing bowl. Add the 3 table spoons of cooking oil and the packet of Kool-Aid to the water. Stir until well blended, then add the 3/4 cup of salt. Once items are well mixed, add the 2 cups of flour and knead the dough with your hands. 


     As always, please feel free to comment or email me with any questions. Also, please vote on my poll for what posts you would like to see more of located in the right margin of this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment