NEW BLOG SITE

ALOHA!

I MOVED TO COZY CHIC MOMMY...COME JOIN MY PARTY!


Wednesday, February 18, 2015

NEW SKIN ROUTINE, NEW YOU


Normal to Oily Skin Routine


Normal to Dry Skin Routine

     Unfortunately, I suffer from acne and for years I was looking for products that would allow my skin to breathe and still maintain a healthy glow. I have tried many natural and unnatural products from Proactive to oatmeal and strawberry masks to keep acne away. 
     
     What many people don't know about acne is that in most cases, it has absolutely nothing to do with the cleanliness of your face or the foods you digest and EVERYTHING to do with your hormones. I cannot tell you how many times I have been offended by friends and acquaintances with their comments on how to have smooth acne free skin. There was simply nothing that I could do to get rid of my acne until I mixed this trio of heaven together. These skin routine trios simply aid in reducing the effects that hormones have on my skin. 

     During the Spring and Summer, I use my 'Normal to Oily Skin Routine' trio. I wash my face with Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and rinse with cool water to seal my pores, dab my face with a towel (wiping your face will cause your skin to become irritated and old skin particles will be pushed into your pores creating more acne), apply Clindamycin product such as 'Duac', let face dry, and apply my final step of aloe as my face lotion. Aloe has healing agents that help restore your skin, reduces any redness you may be experiencing, and prevents wrinkles. The more raw the aloe the better. I haven't taken the time to buy an aloe plant, but I have used it and feel the results work much quicker than that of an industrialized aloe product from the store. However, aloe from the store does the job that I need it to and leaves my skin feeling fresh and free of sores. 

     During the Fall and Winter, I use both my 'Normal to Oily Skin Routine' trio and my 'Normal to Dry Skin Routine' trio. In the mornings I follow the above steps for my 'Normal to Oily Skin Routine' and in the evenings before bed, I use my 'Normal to Dry Skin Routine' trio. For my 'Normal to Dry Skin Routine' trio, I wash my face with Cetaphil daily facial cleanser and rinse with cool water to seal my pores, dab my face with a towel (wiping your face will cause your skin to become irritated and old skin particles will be pushed into your pores creating more acne), apply Clindamycin product such as 'Duac', let face dry, and apply my lotion for sensitive skin- Vanicream. Vanicream is used on acne prone skin, sensitive skin, and Eczema. This lotion goes on very heavy, so I use it as my night cream to keep my skin moisturized during the colder, more dry months of the year. 

     Try these routines and please let me know how they work on your skin. When you go to your dermatologist, give them the names 'Duac' and 'Vanicream'. Most are familiar with these products and should be able to prescribe them to you. I rarely have acne anymore and no longer suffer from sore welts under my skin. I feel like a new Rachel and I love the way I feel and look! Hide your face no more. Come out and play!

     I have more skin secrets that I will divulge to you all in the near future. Follow me and stay tuned.


Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment