**Follow me on Instagram**
I found this recipe on life made simple bakes while I was scrolling through pinterest. I love the recipe and only altered the time of placing the sour cream topping on. This recipe is sure to send your family crazy for cheesecake and will have them begging you to make one at every family gathering.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- (4) 8oz. blocks plain cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste (I found some at HomeGoods).
- Cover the bottom and sides of a 9"inch springform pan with foil, so no water leaks in (double up on foil).
- Preheat oven to 350, place top rack on lower 3rd bracket.
- Mix graham, sugar, and salt.
- Pour melted butter on graham mixture and mix together until combined.
- Spread graham crust on springform pan (work up 1 1/2 inches on the sides).
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 325.
- Beat cream cheese, salt, and vanilla extract for 4 minutes until smooth & creamy.
- On LOW add sugar.
- Turn HIGH 1 minute.
- On LOW add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- On LOW add sour cream.
- On LOW add heavy whipping cream.
- Turn HIGH 1 minute.
- Place springform pan into a high-side roasting pan.
- Pour cream cheese filling in springform pan & smooth out.
- Pour boiling water around springform pan, inside the roasting pan. Be sure that NO water gets inside of your springform cream cheese filling pan. You will need about 1 inch of water.
- Bake cheesecake at 325 for 1hr 50 minutes or 2 hours if you like a stiffer cheesecake.
- Turn oven off and leave oven cracked open with the cheesecake inside for 1 hour. This is important for insuring that it is cooked all the way.
- Remove cheesecake from bath and dry the bottom.
- Cover with tin foil and place in fridge to cool for 2 1/2 hours.
- Take cheesecake out and make topping.
- Pour topping on cheesecake and let cool for 1 1/2 hours.