These cookies are a great recipe that are delicious with frosting or powdered sugar. My husband and I are not big on frosting so we opt for a lighter topping on these delicious little cookies. Be aware that the batter will be powdery and needs to be kneaded together before rolling it out.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract or any flavoring you choose
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Parchment paper
- Cookie cutters
- Rolling pin
Bake @ 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes
- Cream butter & sugar.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract to wet ingredients.
- Combine flour & powder in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly.
- Roll out dough and cut out cookie dough.
- Place cookies in oven for 7-9 minutes.